Open vacancies: commercial co-founder – software engineer – sales
SpacePal & SewerMapper
Worldwide, public sewers are in a bad shape because of age and need to be inventoried and repaired. Methods to do this are still very analog and include manual labour in confined spaces. That’s why SpacePal is developing the most efficient and high-tech tools for the inspection and renovation companies to do what they do, better and faster.
The SewerMapper is a device that lowers automatically into sewer manholes, and locates, orientates, measures and inspects the manhole by the push of a button; no more workers going ‘down the drain’: only open the cover!
SpacePal has gone through different prototypes, has first partners/distributor interests in the EU market, raised seed capital and is about to kick off with pilot projects.
What we offer / Benefits
- Enjoy autonomy and control to build a technology company that incorporates your values & interests. A wide variety of responsibilities to be part of it and make an important impact!
- Work with a dynamic and ambitious team, and also meet and engage with all the energetic people and other start-ups in the building.
- Working remotely when necessary / flexible hours!
- You are joining a seed-funded start-up before scaling. A stake in the game (equity with friendly vesting) is part of that.
- SpacePal’s main office is in Wijnegem, Antwerp, where there are 3 meeting rooms, a fabrication lab, and other vibrant companies. Often, work is done from Ghent, ie. at The Krook. For best collaboration, at least 3 days a week should be spent at the same location, based on needs and preference.
You are the technical founder’s other half. To accelerate market entry and growth we need a go-getter with experience in go-to-market, value proposition and sales.
Co-create sales and go-to-market strategy
Visit prospects, partners and customers with co-founder
Challenge them & question their status quo; show value of SpacePal Help us set up a marketing strategy and execute
Establish strategic partnerships
Our ideal candidate preferably doesn’t think like an engineer. We need a gap-filler for a technical founder. You have an expertise in business development, love sales or marketing and have a good grasp of the other. You are self-sufficient and persistent, the success of this business lies with your passion and determination.
With knowledge of the public sewer ecosystem or contacts in the sector, you are ahead of other aspirants. However, this is not mandatory!
We’re looking for a co-founder and sparring partner, not a freelancer.
You are the leading engineer with regards to the software part of the SewerMapper system. A combination of backend development (mostly Python) and some GUI on the cloud, with a touch of research (implement algorithms and open-source libraries).
Full development cycle, collaborating with our contractors
Design and build out features
Challenge the hardware
Software development roadmap
You have always loved developing software to make your life easier, or made your own quick hacks using what you could find on the net. A degree in IT or similar is important but does not define you. Releasing early and iterating rapidly do not scare you. You write clear code and have a structured way of working.